Purpose of Position
Rhode Island Regional Adult Learning’s Internship Program is designed to help individuals gain work experience and skills that will lead to sustained employment. If you would like to be considered for an internship with RIRAL, please review the information below and apply using the form on the right side of this page.
- Work closely with the Technology & Communications Manager to assist in the implementation of technology integration at RIRAL (using laptops, tablets, and other mobile devices in the classrooms)
- Assist with software and application updates across multiple technology platforms
- Assist with maintaining cleanliness of technology areas and equipment
- Assist with database management of technology applications (teacher and student usernames/passwords)
- Assist with delivery of professional development to RIRAL staff
Work Environment and Physical Demands
The Woonsocket Learning Center (191 Social Street, Woonsocket, RI) is the primary location for this position but other locations may be included in the opportunity as well.
Preferred Qualifications & Experience
- General knowledge and experience working with computers and tablets (Surface and iPad)
- Hands-on experience implementing, troubleshooting, and supporting the Windows 7 and 10 operating systems, internet-based applications (Chrome, Firefox, Explorer, Safari), and tablet applications
- Enjoy working with technology and strong desire to learn new platforms/programs
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Creative thinking and problem-solving
Internships will be paid hourly based on qualifications and experience.
Please contact Kim Libby
Mentor, Inc. dba RIRAL does not discriminate in programs, services, or staffing based on race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, citizenship, national or ethnic origin, marital status, or veteran status.
*Adapted from Open Tech Fund Internship Job Description https://www.opentechfund.org/about/jobs#8