From Brian Dursi, Workforce Development Coordinator at Rhode Island Marine Trades Association.
We are now accepting applications for our successful Marine Trades Pre-Apprenticeship Training Program starting in July.
This program is a free 7 week hands-on training that prepares participants for entry level positions in the marine and composites industries in RI. We have had a great job placement success rate at the end of each our trainings.
No previous marine experience is necessary, but we are looking for hands-on learners ready to be trained and employed on new skills including carpentry, mechanics, varnishing and composites.
Some quick facts:
- It's free-and we provide $100/week stipend.
- No previous boating experience necessary.
- GED/HS Diploma preferred, but not an absolute requirement.
- The program starts in July 2016.
- It is 7 weeks. Mon-Fri. 8am-4pm every day.
- Training locations are different each day/week.
- Applicants must be 18 years or older and be a RI resident.
Here is a link to our Application
We will begin our interview/selection process in June.